Afro-Cuban All Stars Will Perform At C-U in 2001!

From: charles joseph smith (cjsmith2@students.uiuc.edu)
Date: Thu Oct 26 2000 - 15:02:56 CDT

If you love old-time salsa (the guajiras, the guarachas, the rumbas, the
mambos, the sons, etc.) that
were already made famous by people by Tito Puente and Perez Prado, and
want to get a chance to show off your Latin dancing by dancing in your
seats, then you should love a newer retro-salsa ensemble--the Afro-Cuban
All Stars.....

They will be performing 2 shows at the Krannert Cennter For The Performing
Arts at the Tryon Festival Theater next year; but the venue might be moved
to Foellinger Great Hall because the Krannert staff expects a big Latin
crowd for this important Latin show. This will take place
on April 23 and 24, 2001. If you really like the band (I already have
one CD and the first song "Amor Tracionero", a cha-cha, is the best
song), you better get some tickets fast. There are a few seats left and
by the time 2001 rolls in, I guess the shows will be sold out.
Charles Joseph Smith "I am called "The Little Lily of Salsa" because
URH, 101 Daniels Hall I feel like a happy, little lily flower when
1010 W. Green St. I dance to the salsa music. But I can dance
Urbana, IL 61801-3097 to almost everything I can think of."
(217) 332-2143 --Myself