details of my dance partners for DI comp

From: charles joseph smith (cjsmith2@students.uiuc.edu)
Date: Sun Sep 24 2000 - 15:20:03 CDT

Hala Jawlakh and Deena Vichugsanonon are going to be my partners in the
Dancing Illini Open Invitational Competition. No guarantees, however,
but I think they will be ready for the competition.

I already showed Hala basics in swing, rumba, samba, and cha-cha. I was
going to persuade her to dance almost every dance category, and that
includes smooth dances like waltz and foxtrot.

Hala is from Syria, and she tolerates Western dancing quickly. Deena is
from Thailand; I had not seen her for 1 year. I plan to practice with
Deena on Monday.

Sorry, my former dance partner of 1997, Sarah Stalzer, will not be their
in the competition. She is going to run in the Chicago Marathon this Oct.
22. She and I placed 6th in the quickstep in the 1997 DI competition.
She's 22, 6'0", and about 190 lbs., and works in the Natural History
Survey section at the U. of I.

My possible backup partners might be Anna Cathcart from Ecuador, for the
salsa category, and for the same category, Katie Harley, from Australia.

For the reverse-role cha-chas, I might choose Rajiv Maheswaran for the
male-male cha-cha. He's Thailand-American and used to be in a ballroom
dance club at the University of Wisconsin. Salsa is his biggest forte;
he used to teach a salsa class at my residence hall I live now--Daniels
Hall. You can often see him at the salsa dances at the Regent Ballroom.