Re: Considering switching to NAMD3

From: David Hardy (dhardy_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Fri Jun 24 2022 - 10:28:19 CDT

Hi Gerald,

For plain NVT (using Langevin thermostat) and NPT (adding Langevin piston), the most recent NAMD 3.0alpha12 release should work well for you. We have fixed a few bugs since the alpha 10 and 11 releases. The bugs were not related to the numerics, which has been stable since early alpha releases.

Please see the NAMD 3.0 alpha release page for details. Some things considered routine are still problematic, like combining minimization with GPU-resident dynamics in the same run.

Best regards,
Dave

--
David J. Hardy, Ph.D.