Re: membrane system displacing in z during ABF or metadynamics

From: Josh Vermaas (vermaasj_at_msu.edu)
Date: Tue Dec 28 2021 - 07:46:56 CST

I'd invite you to try an experiment. Simulate a bilayer for a long time
without applied forces. It'll diffuse along the z dimension over long
periods of time. The applied force probably isn't helping, but for a
well-defined reaction coordinate, where you only care about the
*relative* position between the small molecule and the membrane,
diffusion along the membrane normal axis will not impact the PMF.

-Josh

--
Josh Vermaas
vermaasj_at_msu.edu