Re: applying harmonic constraints in cphmd

From: Diship Srivastava (dishipsrivastava_at_gmail.com)
Date: Mon Nov 22 2021 - 03:58:09 CST

Thanks for the suggestion. Based on your reply I have written an ad hoc tcl
script for the same purpose (it harmonically constrains the com of bilayer
and first few non titratable residues of protein ) but during run time the
script crashes with unknown tcl error. Any help regarding this error will
be highly appreciated.

script snippet :
 tclForces on
tclForcesScript {
set k 0.05
set r0 9.847

# com of bilayer
set group1 [addgroup {13 143 266 389 519 649 779 909....}]
# com of amp
set group2 [addgroup {15367 15369 15381 15382..}]
print "starting proc"
print "-------------"
proc calcforces {} {
        print "inside proc"
        print "changing scope of variables"
        # set change variable
        global group1 group2 k r0
        # load coordinates
        loadcoords c
        # get z coords of both groups
        set r1 [$c(1)]
        set r2 [$c(2)]
        foreach {x1 y1 z1} $r1 {}
        foreach {x2 y2 z2} $r2 {}
        set r_z [expr {$z2-$z1}]

        set disp [expr {$r_z-$r0}]
        # optional add energy - will be displayed in MISC
# addenergy [expr {$k*$disp*$disp/2.0}]

        # calculate force
        set force [expr {-$k*$disp}]

        addforce $group1 $force
        addforce $group2 [expr {-1.0*$force}]

}
# close proc calcforces
# deleting all atomslections
clearconfig
}

In logfile the error encountered was :
Info: Startup phase 10 took 6.5302e-05 s, 324.613 MB of memory in use
Info: Startup phase 11 took 0.000188028 s, 324.613 MB of memory in use
LDB: Central LB being created...
Info: Startup phase 12 took 0.000182779 s, 324.613 MB of memory in use
Info: CREATING 1104 COMPUTE OBJECTS
TCL: starting proc
TCL: parameter unknown for NAMD config parameter
FATAL ERROR: Unknown Tcl error