Re: eABF 3D sampling using distance Colvars + X and Y: averaged PMF difference to 1D sampling

From: Giacomo Fiorin (giacomo.fiorin_at_gmail.com)
Date: Sat Aug 14 2021 - 12:17:53 CDT

Hello René, can you confirm that you are using extended ABF, and more
specifically what estimator you used? (CZAR or Zheng/Yang).

Orthogonality between variables is only required for straight ABF, where
the force on the variable is obtained by projecting the atomic total forces
directly, rather than using the extended-mass trick.

Giacomo