Re: Mail About error in CV

From: Giacomo Fiorin (giacomo.fiorin_at_gmail.com)
Date: Mon Aug 02 2021 - 09:51:37 CDT

There are multiple keywords to select atoms, one is atomNumbers followed by
numeric indices, or atomsFile as you have used. These two and other ones
live inside a block that is named like the group that is used by a variable
(e.g. for RMSD that group is called "atoms").

There are not a ton of examples in the Colvars doc. But selecting atoms is
a central topic and *there is actually one*:
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://colvars.github.io/colvars-refman-namd/colvars-refman-namd.html*sec:colvar_atom_groups_sel__;Iw!!DZ3fjg!s-QsiY4Gh_ZF8IaOcHWtxNM347secG374HFzVgavlTK0ETF7Sn4QbqMvy4A5dg-2TA$

There are also a couple more typos, which would give you additional errors
once you fix the syntax of the atom selection. You can easily fix them
yourself by giving a second read to what you put in.

Giacomo