Re: [External Email] Constraints required for alpha helix secondary structure

From: Sandeep Dash (sdash2_at_binghamton.edu)
Date: Fri Jul 16 2021 - 14:38:52 CDT

 Hello Diship,

I think you can try putting in constraints on the heavy atoms in the
backbone (C,N,O) during the minimization and equilibration and see how it
goes. If the secondary structure stays nearly alpha helix, then you can
proceed with an unconstrained production run. Also, apart from
net neutrality of the whole system, you may check if each of the residues
has the proper charge, as it involves the salt bridges.