Re: 3.0alpha9 CUDA version

From: Vermaas, Josh (vermaasj_at_msu.edu)
Date: Thu Mar 11 2021 - 19:27:53 CST

Hi Michael,

I have NAMD3 running with CUDA 10 on my cluster. I got a copy of the
source from gitlab.

https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://gitlab.com/tcbgUIUC/namd__;!!DZ3fjg!oGE0nGoRal7nV7lEzLdJsLjX376iV7WJNvSe9ZFp002XAcmFUzLWKQHR4L21njhdHA$

It is in the devel branch, and it tagged as 3.0a9. I have compilation
instructions that are what I used (or at least what I think I used from
memory) on github.
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://github.com/jvermaas/Software-Building-Instructions/blob/main/NAMD.md__;!!DZ3fjg!oGE0nGoRal7nV7lEzLdJsLjX376iV7WJNvSe9ZFp002XAcmFUzLWKQHR4L3sGWKUNA$

Compilation with NAMD3 from there is basically the same as it would be
anywhere else. You need charm++ compiled, followed by NAMD itself. The
hardest part for me was actually sorting out which of the many openMPI
implementations installed on the cluster had the PMI backend so I could
just call srun if I wanted to do replica exchange stuff.

-Josh

--
Josh Vermaas
Assistant Professor, MSU-DOE Plant Research Lab and Department of Biochemisty and Molecular Biology