Re: Re: Infrared spectrum prediction

From: Andre Farias de Moura (moura_at_ufscar.br)
Date: Fri Feb 12 2021 - 04:59:00 CST

Dear Raman,

Although most people to date have relied on normal mode analysis to predict
IR features, MD simulations can be used as well, with the advantage of
sampling multiple energy minima (as compared to the single minimum in
energy minimization protocols). It does not matter whether you have a large
protein or small molecule in vacuum, procedures will be pretty much the
same (maybe you might want to look at the TRAVIS program, which can handle
MD simulations to extract IR).

Please mind that you will still need normal mode analysis to assign the IR
bands, since MD-based spectra yield only the convoluted bands.

Regards

Andre