Implementing decaying potential (non-linear potential)

From: Athreya, Nagendra Bala Murali (nathreya_at_illinois.edu)
Date: Thu Jan 28 2021 - 14:14:26 CST

Hi,

I am trying to simulate a system where screening of potential can be observed in the system. Briefly, I would like to see a decaying potential applied along z-direction in a system containing some salt solution. The voltage is applied from +Z to -Z-axis. When I implement eField in the NAMD script, it applies a constant uniform electric field along z-direction. However, there is no exponential decay in the potential as one would observe in experimental setup.

How would one go about imposing a decaying potential in the system?

I would appreciate any help I can get (papers, links, etc..).

Thank you,
Nagendra