Re: Protein:ligand standard binding free energies clarification question

From: JC Gumbart (gumbart_at_physics.gatech.edu)
Date: Tue Oct 20 2020 - 23:33:22 CDT

If I recall correctly, for Eq. 7, the first three terms all are actually calculated with similar integrals as Eq. 13, noting that u_o and u_a give three and two integrals over PMFs, respectively. The fourth term is the separation, the fifth term is handled analytically, and the sixth term is again similar to Eq. 13.

See the SI of this paper for a more detailed breakdown: https://pubs.acs.org/doi/abs/10.1021/ct3008099 <https://pubs.acs.org/doi/abs/10.1021/ct3008099>
In particular, calculation of the separation term is explicitly shown.

Best,
JC