Re: MM/QM with namd

From: jing liang (jingliang2015_at_gmail.com)
Date: Fri Oct 16 2020 - 09:38:48 CDT

Marcelo,

thank you for the information, I tried already the script:

http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/qmmm/Scripts/run_gaussian.py

However, I observed that the resulting input script for Gaussian contains
additional lines for other atoms than the
QM ones and this caused a problem for Gaussian which crashed because of
them. Therefore, I commented out
the line 119. In this way, only the QM atoms are listed in the Gaussian
input script. However, I don't know why
this line is needed?

After that modification, other two atoms are listed in the Gaussian input
script and I am almost sure that these
are the link atoms, right? I got the psf and pdb file from the example:

http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/qmmm/Examples/Example1.tar.gz

where, I think, that the link atoms have already been set.

Also, there were some lines that seemed to look for the "Self energy"
string in the Gaussian log file. In a first converged
run Gaussian09 didn't print that line and this caused an error. Therefore,
I commented out the lines 236-240. Do you
know why this line is required?

Doing all these modifications, NAMD works with Gaussian but I don't know if
what I am doing is correct. Any comment
would be welcome.

Thank you.