Degrees of Freedom in REST2

From: Alex Hummels (alexhummels_at_me.com)
Date: Sun Jul 12 2020 - 13:31:49 CDT

Hello,

I am trying to submit a REST2 job and am trying to figure out how many replicas I need. The job is focusing on disordered proteins on top of a self-assemble monolayer (SAM) with an explicit solvent. I’ve read a few papers and they all seem to say that the number of replicas needed is O(sqrt(f_p)), where f_p is the degrees of freedom of the protein. However I don’t know how to calculate the degrees of freedom in the context of REST2. For context I have 2990 protein atoms in the system but there should be more to degrees of freedom than that correct?

Thanks in advance for your help. Best,
Alex