Re: error: minimizer slowly moving xxx atoms with bad contacts downhill

From: Ceren Ciraci (cerenciraci_at_gmail.com)
Date: Tue May 26 2020 - 13:33:09 CDT

 I made NAMD wrote the ievery ntermediate step into the *.dcd file but when
I uploaded the *.dcd file for the first 7 steps, there was no motion of any
molecule. Besides, the *.out file has the following lines at the last step
(Step#7) as given below. I will appreciate any help figure out the reason
for such a crash.

WRITING EXTENDED SYSTEM TO RESTART FILE AT STEP 7

MINIMIZER SLOWLY MOVING 32 ATOMS WITH BAD CONTACTS DOWNHILL

WRITING COORDINATES TO DCD FILE 3B5H_2nvt.dcd AT STEP 7

WRITING COORDINATES TO RESTART FILE AT STEP 7

FINISHED WRITING RESTART COORDINATES

The last position output (seq=7) takes 0.880 seconds, 1096.137 MB of memory
in use

WRITING VELOCITIES TO RESTART FILE AT STEP 7

FINISHED WRITING RESTART VELOCITIES

ENERGY: 8 87616.0455 -nan(ind) nan
nan -981658.7026 99999999999.9999 0.0000
0.0000 0.0000 -nan(ind) 0.0000
-nan(ind) -nan(ind) 0.0000 -nan(ind)
-nan(ind) 2994776.0857 -nan(ind) -nan(ind)