Re: Adding bias potential

From: Pang, Yui Tik (andrewpang_at_gatech.edu)
Date: Thu Nov 12 2020 - 15:25:58 CST

Dear Peter,

I am the co-developer of GaMD and am happy to answer your question. The boost potential was applied on the source code level which involves modifying the "Controller" module of NAMD. You may grep "accelMD" from the NAMD source code to find out the details.

It is, however, usually not necessary to modify NAMD source code to add customize bias potential. There are several ways to do it, like scriptedFunction in colvars, TclForce or TclBC. You may explore different approaches before going down the path of modifying NAMD source code.

Hope it helps.

Best,
Andrew