Re: Re: FATAL ERROR in protein minimization by drude model : UNABLE TO FIND ANGLE PARAMETERS FOR CD2O1A OD2C1A LPDO1

From: Joao Ribeiro (jribeiro_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Wed Feb 05 2020 - 09:18:50 CST

Dear Santanu,

Psfgen is distributed in VMD as a TCL package/plugin, which you use from within VMD. You don’t execute the psfgen executable.

Please install VMD, and open VMD, on the main window: Extensions -> TkConsole. Navigate to the folder you have your psfgen script and necessary files, and execute the following command: “play <my psfgen input file>”

You can also execute VMD in text mode: “vmd -dispdev text -e <my psfgen input file>”. https://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Training/Tutorials/namd/namd-tutorial-html/node6.html

I hope this helps.

Best,

João