Re: COMmotion -- is it a good practice to turn it on for a restart?

From: Brian Radak (brian.radak_at_gmail.com)
Date: Tue Mar 19 2019 - 17:03:02 CDT

This default mostly exists due to a pathology of PME that causes spurious
center of mass drift. However, the effects compound with stochastic
integrators like Langevin dynamics (which also causes center of mass
drift).

You are correct that if you want as close a continuation from your initial
structure as possible that you should set COMmotion on. For example this is
the only way to get an accurate NVE restart.