Re: reinitatoms

From: Brian Radak (brian.radak_at_gmail.com)
Date: Fri Feb 08 2019 - 07:51:25 CST

Hi Laura,

I'm still a bit confused by your sequence of commands - you want to load a
psf and coordinates, but randomly initialize velocities. Then, before
running, you use reinitatoms to load in a new coor/vel/xsc file?

It would make more sense to me (but perhaps I'm completely missing the
point) to load the files you want and then use reinitvels to randomize
velocities at a later point rather than reloading them from file. I believe
you can "stash" the initial velocities, so to speak, with the checkpoint
command (although I'll admit I haven't used this much). That way you can
get the velocities from file at startup and still have the ability to
randomize things.

HTH,
Brian