Re: Constant Velocity Pulls

From: McGuire, Kelly (mcg05004_at_byui.edu)
Date: Fri Feb 22 2019 - 12:58:37 CST

Ok, so if I'm comparing 3 different ligands in the same protein, the spring will stretch for all three until they are pulled at say 1 A/ns if that is the velocity I chose. What happens to the spring/velocity as the ligand collides/interacts with sidechains along the path until it is out of the protein? Does the spring length adjust to keep the ligand at 1 A/ns? Thanks for the response!

Kelly L. McGuire

PhD Candidate

Biophysics

Department of Physiology and Developmental Biology

Brigham Young University

LSB 3050

Provo, UT 84602