What NAMD version to obtain

From: Seibold, Steve Allan (stevesei_at_ku.edu)
Date: Wed Dec 19 2018 - 14:35:12 CST

HI
I apologize if this is a simplistic question and I did look on NAMD's on-line site, but if it is answered I misunderstood it or missed it..

I need a NAMD source code (or binary?) for Linux OS that can be used with multiple CPUs (NOT GPUs) across multiple machines (MPI version)..I am confused on what version on your "download" page I should obtain. I would appreciate any information in this regard...If a binary was built for GPU's it can't be used for strictly CPU machines..right?

Steve