Re: Is there really no way of automating pair interaction calculations without invoking NAMD for each pdb file separately?

From: Asghar Razavi (asr2013_at_med.cornell.edu)
Date: Fri Nov 02 2018 - 08:30:21 CDT

Thank you Peter and Steve for your comments. I am following Steve's approach in using namdenergy for the calculations. It is still invoking NAMD for each set of calculations, but, at least I don't need to create pdb files by hand.

@ Peter: I do have all my coordinates in a single dcd file. I don't need to update selection of atoms for each step. However, I want to calculate interaction energies for > 100 pairs of residues. It would help a lot if NAMD allowed reassignments of interacting residues, so that calculations could be done faster. My system is large and invoking NAMD to initiate calculations every time takes more than 10% of the total calculation time.

Regards,

Asghar

Asghar Razavi
Postdoctoral Associate