Re: energy calculation with namdenergy

From: Brian Radak (brian.radak_at_gmail.com)
Date: Wed Sep 05 2018 - 08:18:56 CDT

I've not personally used namdenergy for this purpose, but what you describe
sounds reasonable. The force field energy scale is completely arbitrary and
absolute energies very rarely correspond to a physically meaningful
quantity. You might consider creating a reference system and then
subtracting out that energy or else check the literature for how hydrogen
bond energies have been measured in the past.

HTH,
BKR