RE: Which one is more reliable to use in umbrella sampling- .traj data or vmd script data

From: Vermaas, Joshua (Joshua.Vermaas_at_nrel.gov)
Date: Fri Aug 03 2018 - 13:55:43 CDT

Yeah. I typically use the .traj file, since you need to deconvolute based on your applied bias, which you can't determine if you change your reaction coordinate. However, if you used identical reaction coordinates, calculation from VMD and a .traj file should be identical, with the exception of the different strides used.

-Josh