Re: Sudden /\A drop in last FEP window

From: Jérôme Hénin (jerome.henin_at_ibpc.fr)
Date: Sat Jul 28 2018 - 08:41:19 CDT

The value of alchVdWShiftCoeff should not change the actual (converged)
value of the free energy difference. Therefore at least one of these was
probably not well-converged. You can track convergence using tools like
ParseFEP.

Jerome

On Sat, 28 Jul 2018 at 12:30, Francesco Pietra <chiendarret_at_gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi Jerome:
> By only changing alchVdWShiftCoeff from 4.0 to 6.0, your expectation
> was fulfilled. The trend of /\A vs lambda was now smooth

> 0.9000/-12.4193
> 0.9100/-13.8066
> 0.9200/-15.0984
> 0.9300/-16.4011
> 0.9400/-17.5040
> 0.9500/-18.5221
> 0.9600/-19.5255
> 0.9700/-20.5133
> 0.9800/-21.4422
> 0.9900/-22.4359
> 1.0000/-23.6922
>
> I cannot detect any alarming sign in the simulation, in particular, the
> ligand remains undeformed and well in place throughout, not displaced, not
> rotated.
> Therefore, I am now perplexed at the value of /\A, differing by eight
> units from previous FEP with alchVdWShiftCoeff = 4.0.
> On the other hand, twenty windows for a small sector as 0.8-1.0 should not
> be too few.
>
> I would appreciate very much advice. Aas the change of alchVdWShiftCoeff
> from 4.0 to 6.0 too large?
>
> francesco

>>> 0.9100/1.2395
>>> 0.9200/1.1549