Re:

From: Abhijit Gogoi (gogoiabhijit10_at_gmail.com)
Date: Mon Jul 23 2018 - 22:54:06 CDT

Dear Fiorin,
                   Thanks a lot for your suggestion. I can go for
fixedAtoms option for atoms that do not move at all. However, if I fixed
all those atoms (which do not move) how it will affect my simulations ? I
guess in that case those atoms (which are fixed) will not have any
interactions with the surrounding atoms. I can go for
*fixedAtomsForces *option.
But in this link (http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/namd/2.9/ug/node27.html)
as suggested "This option is required to turn fixed atoms off in the middle
of a simulation. These forces will affect the pressure calculation, and you
should leave this option off when using constant pressure if the
coordinates of the fixed atoms have not been minimized. The use of constant
pressure with significant numbers of fixed atoms is not recommended."

I would be grateful if you please clarify this point.

Sincerely
Abhijit Gogoi