Re: overlapping windows in ABF

From: Jérôme Hénin (jerome.henin_at_ibpc.fr)
Date: Mon Jul 23 2018 - 16:16:55 CDT

Hi Olga,

for a quick diagnosis, you could plot the free energy gradients from all
windows on the same graph. Overlapping regions should have similar values
of the gradient (keeping in mind that the gradient is always "noisier" than
the free energy itself, so there can be some variation). Any inconsistency
indicates that the two windows haven't sampled the same values of other
important degrees of freedom. See the literature on ABF for more info on
this, eg. this:
https://pubs.acs.org/doi/abs/10.1021/jp506633n

Jerome