Re: Equilibration in NPT simulation

From: Peter Freddolino (petefred_at_umich.edu)
Date: Wed Jul 04 2018 - 13:37:31 CDT

Looking at any single value of the pressure will not be informative due to
the very high expected variance in the instantaneous pressure. See the
discussion at the top of
http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/namd/2.9/ug/node37.html
Once you have run constant pressure equilibration for long enough that the
unit cell size stabilizes, the average of the pressure over a decent number
of samples should approach your target value.

Best,
Peter