Re: non uniform attempts distribution in constant pH MD

From: Brian Radak (brian.radak_at_gmail.com)
Date: Wed Jun 13 2018 - 10:27:59 CDT

Hi,

The default inherent pKa choice is the reference compound value, which is
of course uniform over residues of the same type. If some of those residues
are/are not of interest, you can also use "cphProposalWeight" with one or
more residue selections to assign a weight (these default to 1.0 and are
normalized at run time).

If I am understanding correctly, you did not change either of those
settings - is that correct? Nonetheless, with 200 attempts and 157
residues, I'm not entirely sure I should be shocked that some residues were
never selected and others were selected multiple times, since rejections
based entirely on inherent pKa values do not explicitly show up (maybe they
should?). We are also working on improving the random number generation for
those routines, which may not be as good as it could be.

Cheers,
Brian