Re: nonuniform sampling in ABF

From: Jérôme Hénin (jerome.henin_at_ibpc.fr)
Date: Tue Jun 12 2018 - 17:09:56 CDT

Hi,

Haohao's answer is very good. I would also add that the long-time behavior
is uniform sampling, but for a biological system even those timescales are
very hard to achieve, so the convergence is local anyway. A way I like to
look at the sampling histograms is to calculate the associated effective
PMF, that is, 0.6*ln(N(x)), in kcal/mol at 300 K. Then I compare this
effective PMF to the calculated PMF from ABF. this tells me by how much the
free energy landscape has been flattened.

Best,
Jerome