RE: Creating an infinite graphene sheet

From: Vermaas, Joshua (Joshua.Vermaas_at_nrel.gov)
Date: Wed May 16 2018 - 08:30:50 CDT

Two things that might help: did you regenerate angles and dihedrals after adding the bonds? Topotools has a "guessangles" and "guessdihedrals" for this, which will work to keep deformations to a minimum. Also, when simulating in NPT, are you using a normal isotropic ensemble or a semi-isotropic one? You've built a sheet, which means a semi-isotropic barostat (useConstantRatio yes) is likely more appropriate. If you use an isotropic ensemble, you may end up crushing your sheet in an unnatural way.

-Josh