Question about "useConstantArea" in puresure control model

From: 张锦途 (zhangjt16_at_lzu.edu.cn)
Date: Sat Apr 21 2018 - 11:00:31 CDT

Dear all:
     I'm appling MD simulation of a membrane protein. But when reading the membrane protein tutorial, I found that the method "useConstantArea" was applied during the last step of the simulation, which limited the PBC could only change it's volume along z-axis. My queation is, would this happen in the real physiological-environment, and if this method has it's physiological significance ?
     Thanks a lot.