Re: vmd-l: Re: Re: Bug with FEP?

From: Francesco Pietra (chiendarret_at_gmail.com)
Date: Tue Apr 17 2018 - 00:05:38 CDT

Thanks again. I'll try, as you suggest, by breaking FEP into two stages at
different lambda 0.05/0.1, while increasing preequil/FEP by tenfold.

I understand that experts trying to help users can get frustrated from
repeated problems or unattended suggestions. However, it should also be
understood that people come to FEP as one of the various tools to
understand their biological problem. In my case, it is the repeated failure
to get a diffraction analysis of the ligand-protein complex that brought me
to FEP. With no interest in FEP per se. A lot about practical use for real
problems that we have learned along these threads are not mentioned in the
tutorials, worse they are hidden under the warning that "this is advanced
material"

cheers
francesco