Re: Functionality of wrapWater and wrapAll commands for periodic simulations

From: Giacomo Fiorin (giacomo.fiorin_at_gmail.com)
Date: Wed Mar 07 2018 - 07:35:30 CST

Hi Harish, PBCs are always on if you are defining them in the config file.
The convention used for wrapping has no effect on the physical trajectory,
due to periodicity. Wrapped and unwrapped positions may not be the same,
but velocities and forces surely don't change.

As for the bilayer simulation, that sounds like a gel transition: check the
lipid force field you are using. Older version of CHARMM had this very
problem, and knowledge of this used to be well known among practitioners
but since it wasn't mentioned much in the literature we tend to forget
about this issue after CHARMM 36.

Giacomo

--
Giacomo Fiorin