AW: periodic cell has become too small for original patch grid

From: Norman Geist (norman.geist_at_uni-greifswald.de)
Date: Mon Mar 05 2018 - 02:17:25 CST

Altough you called it nvt.namd, ist actually npt since it includes constant pressure control (langevinpiston). It is therefore expected that the cell volume shrinks. Sometimes, depending on the initial conditions, the box shrinks so much, that box decomposition due parallelization becomes ineffective and namd aborts. Solutions are:

1. Just restart from coor,vel,xsc if already there

2. (Easier but slower) Use “margin“ in your script set to e.g. 2-5 Angstrom.

Gl

Norman