Re: Ligand atoms moving too fast with FEP

From: Francesco Pietra (chiendarret_at_gmail.com)
Date: Fri Feb 16 2018 - 09:31:08 CST

I meant NTP MD at ts=0.1fs, not minimization, which does not feel the value
of ts. Actually, however, I checked that NTP with ts=1.0fs does not crash
on the cluster, so that I launched a one-day long NPT on two nodes (72
cpus). After that, I'll also have (hopefully) a better conformation of the
ligand to use as reference structure for FEP (the starting structure of the
ligand is from NMR; it is a compound that we isolated long ago from
corals). Clearly - as yoy supposed - that ligand atom were moving to fast
was due to the conditions for FEP.

I understand now that you meant NVT. I'll try to educate myself about NVT,
about which I have no experience. I want to simulate human-body conditions
as closely as possible. This is why I choose NTP.

thanks
francesco