Re: Calculate energy of a residue using NAMD energy

From: Peter Freddolino (petefred_at_umich.edu)
Date: Thu Feb 01 2018 - 21:59:53 CST

Hi Monika,
If you ran with rigid water, and you're just calculating the energy of a
single water molecule alone, it ought to be zero. All of the nonbonded
interactions are exclusions, and all of the internal interactions are zero
by definition.
Are you looking for its interaction with the surrounding system? What is
the energy that you're trying to calculate?
Thanks,
Peter