Re: Calculation of Diffusion coefficient

From: Souvik Sinha (souvik.sinha893_at_gmail.com)
Date: Mon Jan 29 2018 - 10:35:57 CST

Okay, I get that calculating diffusion coefficient may not be of much use
in this context.

Sorry, I didn't get what you meant by this: "How about you simply take the
last part of the ABF simulation, where the biasing force doesn't change
much due to convergence, and you assume a net total force of zero on the
variable? "

If the PMF is converged, then certainly the net total force would be zero
on my specified variable. Sorry, I didn't check the convergence till now
which I can definitely do by plotting the PMF at the different time point
and see whether it is converged or not. But if I wanna check the
uncertainty of the calculated PMF, I need to have the system force
trajectory file for the calculation of say, mean autocorrelation of force
at the different regime of the RC [ J. Phys. Chem. B, 2015, 119 (3), pp
1129–1151 ]. So, is there any way I can get that now without re-running all
the windows?

Please excuse me being naive about all the intricacies.

Thanks for your quick response.