Tilting angle of lipid calculation

From: Rabeta Yeasmin (rabetayeasmin_at_gmail.com)
Date: Thu Jan 18 2018 - 18:29:44 CST

Dear NAMD users,

Can anyone suggest me any ways to calculate tilting angle of lipid around
protein? I want to calculate tilting angle of lipid residues around the
protein to find out if the lipid is tilted toward the protein and away from
the protein.
I had written a code to calculate the angle between the normal vector to
the plane formed by three atoms of lipid (one in head, two in tail) and the
z axis passing through the mass centre of the protein. But this code will
output angle in the range of 0-180 degree. So the problem is the code will
output same angle in both cases where the lipid is toward and away from the
protein.

Thanks.

Rabeta Yeasmin