Re: Free energy did not converge by using ABF

From: Jérôme Hénin (jerome.henin_at_ibpc.fr)
Date: Fri Dec 08 2017 - 06:39:06 CST

Hi,

First, ABF is not the method of choice to compute free energies of
hydration, unless you are interested in the hydration mechanism when the
solute crosses the interface. But it should work anyway.

Second, fluctuations of the shape and structure of the interface are going
to be the main obstacle to convergence here. Actually splitting into
several windows may do more harm than good here, because it may trap the
system in local minima. I would use a single window spanning the complete
interface.

Best,
Jerome