Bias-exchange metadynamics

From: Azadeh Alavizargar (azadeh.alavizargar_at_gmail.com)
Date: Fri Nov 17 2017 - 05:07:56 CST

Hello everyone

I am going to run bias-exchange metadynamics with NAMD. I only know that I
should use TCL scripting of NAMD and the colvars scripting tool. However,
it sounds complicated to me.

Do I need to modify only the replica.namd script in the lib/replica
directory of NAMD? I suppose I should omit the temperature exchange part.
Am I right? What else do I need to remove or add?

What about the colvars scripting according to the link below for colvars
and biases?

http://colvars.github.io/colvars-refman-namd/colvars-refman-namd.html#sec:scripting

I think I need to have multiple colvars files and load and unload them
through "cv" command. But I do not know where exactly and how I should use
them.

As far as I know, there are no examples on how to use these capabilities
and set up a bias-exchange simulations, especially for the colvars
scripting part. I would be thankful if anyone can help me on this issue.

I really appreciate your help.

Best regards,
Azadeh