Re: building system with or without water for metadynamics

From: Giacomo Fiorin (giacomo.fiorin_at_gmail.com)
Date: Tue Oct 17 2017 - 21:34:55 CDT

Dear Rabeta, you can also use metadynamics on examples that use ABF.
Metadynamics has fewer restrictions and will work on the same variables
that ABF does.

The tutorial you are referring to has a tiny system because it involves a
2D calculation, which takes a bit long for tutorial purposes. It is also a
conversion of the basic PLUMED tutorial, so it has mostly the value of
illustrating how to migrate between metadynamics implementations.

Giacomo

--
Giacomo Fiorin
http://goo.gl/Q3TBQU