Re: Constrain on DNA when using ABF for protein-DNA system

From: Jérôme Hénin (jerome.henin_at_ibpc.fr)
Date: Fri Oct 06 2017 - 07:52:43 CDT

Dear Mahdi,

You can add a center of mass position restraint to DNA (by restraining a
distance colvar between DNA and a dummy atom located at its center). That
will not affect the correctness of the ABF calculation.

I don't know the specifics of your setup, but from what you said it might
make sense to add other restraints, particularly on the orientation of
those two molecules. It sounds like you may run into trouble if they rotate
too much.

You probably want to think about translation in X and Y as well. Actually,
in the rigid-body approximation this is a 12-degree of freedom problem, you
can get down to 6 by restraining one molecule or using internal
coordinates, and then you want to carefully consider what's going to happen
to those 6.

Jerome