Re: QM/MM With Mopac Error

From: Marcelo C. R. Melo (melomcr_at_gmail.com)
Date: Fri Sep 15 2017 - 07:36:26 CDT

Hello again,
Without a closer look at your output files this may be hard to asses.
You should verify NAMD's log file and make sure that the qmBaseDir and
qmParamPDB match the files you are inspecting. Sometimes, just cleaning
your qmBaseDir may help to make sure you are inspecting newly created files
and not leftover files from previous successful simulations. My first
suspicion is regarding files and configuration mistakes because this tipe
of error is very unlikely to happen. Even with bad geometries, MOPAC would
still return the correct number of charges.
That said, MOPAC's keyword"GEO-OK" will speed up the calculation by
removing "safety" checks that could identify problems with your geometry,
and should only be used in a very stable system. Try running without that
keyword and let me know how that works.
Best,
Marcelo

---