Re: Maintaining PBC on Collective Variables

From: Vermaas, Joshua (Joshua.Vermaas_at_nrel.gov)
Date: Mon Jul 10 2017 - 12:49:11 CDT

Hi Malay,

There are two options I've tried, one is just to add z-restraints to
selected lipid atoms. This prevents the membrane from moving too far so
it doesn't split, and has the benefit of not needing to be repeated. The
other option is to occasionally recenter the restart file so that the
coordinates remain centered on the membrane before the PBC box is split.
Ideally, what would happen is that the colvars routine can be told to
specify a specific atom or group as the center of the PBC cell, rather
than using NAMD's box center, but I don't think this is in the cards yet.

-Josh