Re: REG Protein inserion in to membrane bi layear

From: Vermaas, Joshua (Joshua.Vermaas_at_nrel.gov)
Date: Thu Jun 22 2017 - 12:25:00 CDT

Hi Arthur,

I feel like this problem is pretty tricky. Have you tried the reverse
process (extracting an embedded protein from a membrane), and estimated
the rough timescales required from the diffusivity along the extraction
reaction coordinate and the pmf? My money is on this process being so
slow (a timescale of minutes or hours or longer!) that even CG isn't
fast enough to see the process spontaneously.

-Josh