Re: Querries on eABF

From: Jérôme Hénin (jerome.henin_at_ibpc.fr)
Date: Thu Apr 27 2017 - 16:00:31 CDT

Hi Souvik,

Indeed, you can always find the current documentation here:
http://colvars.github.io/

Multiple-walker eABF works fine. To estimate the free energy, you can merge
CZAR results from different walkers. For that, run a single eABF simulation
for zero steps, providing the output from all walkers as inputPrefix
<http://colvars.github.io/colvars-refman-namd/colvars-refman-namd.html#x1-590006.1.2>.
To get all the necessary input, you need to enable writeCZARwindowFile
<http://colvars.github.io/colvars-refman-namd/colvars-refman-namd.html#x1-640006.2.1>
during
your calculations (if you forgot, you can also extract this information
from state files, but that will an extra step).

The NAMD config for combining might look like this, using Tcl to build the
list of files:

set f base_name
set n_replicas 42
set input ""

for {set i 0} {$i < $n_replicas} {incr i} {
  append input "$f.$i "
}

colvars on
cv config "
(...)
abf {
   inputPrefix $input
(...)"

Alternately, for the Zheng/Yang estimator, see the -mergemwabf option in
the documentation. To do that, remember that you need to enable the
Zheng/Yang estimator when running all the calculations!

Best,
Jerome