Lipid bilayer and ligand interactions

From: Saleh AlKhalifa (salehesam_at_gmail.com)
Date: Sun Feb 26 2017 - 08:47:58 CST

Hi all,

I am trying to quantify interactions between a phospholipid bilayer and several aromatic compounds in an attempt to show that one compound would interact "more favorably" than another.

I created such a bilayer and allowed the interaction to occur (~200ns) however, almost all measurable variables in the profile density tool have shown little to no difference before and after the compound penetrated the membrane.

Any thoughts on a way to "measure" these interactions?

The
Best,
Saleh