Re: namd2.exe has stopped working, NAMD Energy

From: Richard Overstreet (roverst_at_g.clemson.edu)
Date: Thu Feb 02 2017 - 20:46:29 CST

I remember having a similar issue with the namdenergy extension. A work
around I came up with executed the namd binary with a input file I wrote
and appended the output to a file I could extract energy values from
later. Something like:

$proteinsel writepdb $coor_filename

#writes updated coordinates

exec <dir to you binary>/namd2 insnamd.conf >> insnamd.out

#runs namd with my input file and the coordinate file written above

I think the temporary input file did not write the psf file name
correctly which caused the same error you have.