RE: [NAMD] Question about patches

From: Lennart Nilsson (Lennart.Nilsson_at_ki.se)
Date: Mon Dec 25 2017 - 09:17:51 CST

This residue is defined as a complete residue (RESI 6MA) and not as a patch; in this file patches are mainly used for alternative tautomers or protonation states. Just check the supplementary information of the JCC paper, or why not simply have look at the file you are trying to use – “toppar_all36_na_rna_modified.str” is a human-readable text file, and it is quite clear that 6MA is a RESIdue and not a patch (PRES):
toppar_all36_na_rna_modified.str:RESI 6MA -1.00 ! N6-methyladenosine

Good luck!
Lennart Nilsson